Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Getting into the swing of things

Lately I've been reading that it is never too early to start your baby on a bedtime routine. So, two nights ago Blair & I decided to try it for the first time. We gave Hudson a bath together & after drying him off & applying some nice lavender scented calming lotion all over, we dressed him in a nice warm pair of pjs & swaddled him up tight. Then Blair rocked him & gave him his bottle while I read him a bedtime story. When he fell asleep we put him in his bed & unbelievably he slept for ten hours straight! It was amazing. We both woke up feeling so rested & refreshed. Last night we repeated our bedtime regimen & he slept for 7.5 hours. I highly recommend a bedtime routine. I've also incorporated an Eat, Play, Sleep schedule into our daily activities & I've found it to be especially helpful at getting him to go down for naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment